DATE OF NEXT COURSE: September 24th / 25th 2013.
Course fee – £695 plus VAT
Location – central London
Booking Form – at bottom of this webpage
Deadline for applications – 16th August 2013
IN-HOUSE COURSES: for 2, 3 or 4-day options and prices click here
The course helps delegates to control their schemes more effectively, and introduces tools that help deal with typical day-to-day problems and issues faced by Development & Regeneration staff. It is the first step towards professional qualification.
“I’ve picked up lots of ideas to improve my projects” Oct 2011 delegate
“I would strongly recommend this course to colleagues at ALL levels regardless of experience.” Apr 2013 delegate
What They Said.
Read here what previous attendees have said about the course.
The APM’s Introductory Certificate is designed to enable successful candidates to understand the language of project management and the structure of a successful project. After attending the course, delegates will be able to take an active part in a project team and make a positive contribution to any project environment.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for:
- Development / regeneration / asset management staff involved in delivering projects who have not had training in formal project management;
- Senior executives and Board members who want an overview of project management, to better understand good practice;
- Housing Management, Lettings, Sales, Maintenance or Community Regeneration staff who contribute to the development of new housing scheme or have to deliver other projects (such as a review of void management processes, establishing an effective Resident Panel, re-tendering Term Contracts etc);
- Anyone intending to progress to the professional qualification of APMP.
This is a two-day classroom-based course concluding with a one hour, 60 question, multiple-choice exam set, invigilated and marked by the APM.
Joining instructions are sent to delegates approximately 3-4 weeks before the course start date. It is essential that the pre-course preparation is completed which will take 6 – 12 hours.
The course is structured to meet the Introductory Certificate syllabus will cover the principles of project management including:
At the end of the course you will be assessed for the Introductory Certificate. This is a one hour, multiple-choice exam with 60 questions.
What You Get
The Course provides:
- One copy of Starting Out in Project Management per student –the APM’s Study Guide for the course;
- Comprehensive handout;
- Two days of training;
- APM examination at the end of Day 2 (1 hour multiple choice paper);
- APM Certificate for successful candidates.
The course is run by HATC’s Managing Director, Andrew Drury.
Attendance on this course does not require any prior knowledge or experience of project management. The qualification is designed for anyone looking to start a successful career in project management and for those wanting to understand the principles of project management excellence.
Shelter Training, Unit 13, City Forum 250 City Road, London EC1V 2PU
View Larger Map